Ordering repeat prescriptions
Please allow at least of 48 hours’ notice (2 full working days) for your request to be processed.
The easiest way to order your repeat prescriptions once they have been setup are online:
- Use your NHS account (through the NHS website or the NHS App).
- Use the GP online system if you already have an account or you will need to register for an online account to use this service.
- These accounts will show you all your repeat medicine once a doctor has set this up for you and you can then choose the ones you need.
You can also:
- Fill out an online repeat prescription form
- Make a request by hand if you cannot order your repeat prescription any other way-deliver this through the surgery letter box or in person when we are open.
We do NOT accept email requests.
If you are a new patient you will need to contact a doctor first to set-up your repeat prescription on the system. You can do this by making a routine appointment.
Nominating a pharmacy
When making a medication request YOU MUST NOMINATE A PHARMACY. You can do this online or by letting us know at the time of your medication request which pharmacy you wish to collect your prescription from-this is called your nominated pharmacy. You can find a local pharmacy to nominate by clicking on this link. Please collect your prescription from your nominated pharmacy 3 to 5 working days after you have ordered it.
Making changes to your repeat prescriptions
If you would like ANY changes to be made to your repeat prescription then please make a routine appointment.
Pharmacies and how they can help
Pharmacists are qualified healthcare professionals and they can offer help with minor illnesses – please click on this link to find out more.
Many pharmacies are open until late and also at weekends.
You do not need an appointment.
Over the counter medications
If you request a medication which is available over the counter from your pharmacy we may ask you to buy this directly from your pharmacy. You can find a list of common conditions for which you can buy over the counter medications for.
If you have a repeat prescription, we will ask you to come in for a regular review (usually 6-12 months). We will text or phone you requesting up to date information and when you are due you will be invited to come in. Please ensure that you respond to these requests as this will to avoid unnecessary delays to your prescription requests.